Distillery Insurance

Crafted Insurance for your distillery

The number of distilleries has exploded around the country. Driven by passionate artisans focussed on crafting their perfect drop. Whether it be gin, vodka, rum or whiskey.

Along the way what started out as a hobby has become a booming cottage industry with over 170 gin distilleries alone.

Passionate hobbyists are now operating businesses with many moving parts.

You have a payroll, lots of cool machinery, forklifts, a deluge of admin tasks, serious compliance and WHS issues, and a relentless focus on sales.

And still you are learning.

Little wonder that so many distilleries are chronically under-insured. You don’t know what you don’t know.

Yet all your hard work, dedication and passion is on the line.


It’s why we recommend our Free Risk Audit for your distillery.

So at least you can be informed about the risks you are carrying and can start to do something proactive about them.

To find out more about distillery insurance call us on 1800 962 089 or fill in the form below for your Free Risk Audit. 

You must have

  • Cyber & Privacy Protection Insurance

    Imagine you were hacked, and illegal content was sent to your key accounts. Or they seized control of your electrical equipment and all production stopped. No more distilling, no more sales.

    This insurance covers you for any losses that the business or a third party might incur as a result of a cyber-attack.

    It also covers privacy breaches if anyone from your business accidentally exposes customer data.

    If you have employees and/or are connected to the internet in any way, you are vulnerable to a digital fire, with potentially huge costs, fines and penalties.

  • Public & Products Liability Insurance

    If members of the public come to your distillery, then you must have this. Whether it’s distillery tours, your own tasting room or bar, or suppliers coming onto the site, your business is exposed.

    During daily business activities, accidents and mistakes can happen. If they cause injury, losses or damage, your business is potentially liable.

    Public Liability Insurance protects your business for any such events. Whether to people or property; whether your own or other people’s.

    Products Liability covers you if your products injure or damage a third party. You are responsible at law – and need protection.

  • Property & Asset Insurance

    This covers all the stuff you need to create your spirit – distillers, distillation columns, tanks, pumps, electrical equipment. And includes the buildings, contents and stock* in case certain events happen.

    These include fire, storms, malicious damage, explosions, earthquake, wind, and leakage of liquids, including water. 

    Any one of those events could be enough to stop the business. Which would be devastating.
    * Including customers & supplier’s goods.

  • Workers Compensation Insurance

    The moment you employ people you must have Workers Compensation Insurance. It’s compulsory and a legal requirement for anyone the legislation deems is a “worker”. It protects employers from financial costs when a worker sustains a work-related injury or disease. 

    Western Australia, Northern Territory, Australian Capital Territory and Tasmania are all underwritten direct by insurers. Victoria is managed by Worksafe and underwritten by insurers, and New SouthWales and Queensland are underwritten by the State Governments. We can assist you to organise this insurance for your business.

  • Management Liability Insurance

    Your hobby is now a significant business and now much more complex. As managers, there is now a lot to get your head around.

    Management Liability Insurance is a comprehensive insurance cover for Private companies (with a turnover of up to $50M).

    It provides protection for the directors and management as well as your Company or Partnership for most of the major breaches and risks that might occur in the day to day running of the business.

    Whether it's employment-related, health & safety, statutory liability or tax audit this policy protects you and your business.

And need to consider

  • Business Interruption or Profits Insurance

    Loss of Profits or Business Interruption Insurance pays your operating expenses while your business is recovering from a disaster. Which often takes much longer than you realise. All the while your expenses still need to be paid, even though there is no money coming in. 

    There is almost no point in having property and assets insurance without this. If a disaster strikes this cover future proofs your business, protecting your bottom line.

  • Goods in Transit Insurance

    Goods in Transit Insurance covers your business for damage to insured property – whether spirit, equipment or machinery - whilst in transit within Australia & overseas caused by certain defined events.

Get protected and be free to focus on the important stuff

Free Risk Audit

  • Uncover the risks and liabilities hidden in your business
  • Expert advice on how to mitigate the risks
  • Proactive plans you can implement